Friday, January 11, 2013

Why I’ve not posted anything since September

 

A follower contacted me via email this morning asking if I was ok, because there is nothing new on my blog since Sept. I’ve been posting to my two other blogs ~ FlowerLady’s Musings and The Continuing Journey, and forgot all about this one.

We thought my husband possibly tore his Trap. muscle on the left side of his neck from doing car work and some other stuff at weird angles. That was in August when he woke up with horrific cramping in his neck that lasted for an hour or more. I looked up severe muscle cramping in the neck and came up with the Trap. muscles. If the muscle was torn, it could take up to two years to heal. My husband wasn’t one to go to drs. he had an aversion to them, because of things done to him for bedwetting when he was a boy, so I gave him herbs to calm and heal, massaged his whole body with essential oils for healing and calming too. We prayed for his healing, we had hope, we prayed if it was God’s will to take him home, whatever the problem, then to just do it. I told God if He wasn’t going to heal Mark, then I released Mark to Him. That was hard. Neither of us knew that that was exactly what was going to happen. God took Mark home on the 9th of December. He would have been 65 on the 20th.

I asked for prayer here. You can read more here “He’ll Be Waiting” and here in my new blog “The Continuing Journey.

This past month has been very rough for me and I’m just taking things slowly.  God is with me, sustaining me with His love, grace, peace and strength.

I am doing a little stitching, but not much yet. Mark would want me to continue what I’ve been doing, but I sure am going to miss his love, encouragement and input on all my projects.

Be thankful for your many blessings. let the petty stuff go, be loving, forgiving, encouraging and live each day to the fullest.

FlowerLady Lorraine

P.S. I did make this for Mark in the last week or so he was here on this earth. He liked it.

Front

12-22-for-mark2

Back ~ He called me ‘Rainey Wife’

12-22-for-mark

11 comments:

Gayle said...

That's a beautiful ornament to treasure.

Dortesjs said...

wonderful things you make

margaret said...

my condolences to you Lorraine on the loss of your beloved, I will pray for you for peace at this time it is early days and you must be very lonely without your DH, as you say no more pain and he is with our good Lord and will be they will both be watching you now.
The heart is so beautiful

Starr White said...

Oh, Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. My prayers go out to you. God be with you.

Suztats said...

Lorraine, I am so sorry to read of your dear husband's passing. I shall say a prayer for you, that you have the strength to continue, and that you find peace in the many memories you've shared together, that one day the joys of your life together will outweigh the pain of loss.
Blessings, and hugs

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Wishing you peace and comfort as you move forward. Your stitching is lovely. Best wishes, Tammy

Nicola said...

A strong bond between two loving people won’t be broken even by death. Look back at the happy memories you two shared.


Anonymous said...

Dear Lorrain, thank you for replying, I was so sorry to hear of your loss, I will pray that you will find peace and happines once again. The heart that you made is beautiful and will give you comfort
God bless.
Susan x

Marlynne said...

Dear Lorraine: I am new to your blog visiting after you visited me at preciouscottage.blogspot.com I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing. It must be so lonely I'm sure> Handwork and Prayer will be your salve. Your work is beautiful! You might also enjoy my second blog at mccreatesdaily.blogspot.com Have you put pictures on of your cottage?

Lorraine said...

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Do take care of yourself.

Ellen said...

Hi, I've just stopped by after Rhonda's recommendation to read your post and I have to say how moved I am by your story and your beautiful handiwork. May God be by your side to help you through your loss. I believe you will be reunited with your husband one day. Your work here isn't finished and I am inspired to follow your beautiful blog.