Saturday, January 14, 2012

More fly and button hole stitch

I’ve been so inspired by all the stitchery going on for TAST 2012, that I had to do another piece.  I cut out a rose from a piece of lace, then used the button hole or blanket stitch to tack it down to background, then used the fly stitch in sections of the rose, and as the outer leaves.  It was fun practice and gave me ideas too.

01-14-blue-rose

I really enjoy working ‘small’ and this photo album fits the bill for this weekly challenge. There are three spaces per side of each page. I look forward to seeing what this week’s stitch will be.

01-14-tast

Happy TASTING ~ FlowerLady

4 comments:

Nicola said...

BEAUTIFUL. You are a gifted needleworker.

Marjolein said...

Beautiful rose, well done!

Suztats said...

Nicely done, FlowerLady! Love the rose.

La Bastidane (Nathalie Locquen) said...

I like it, very nice book, I like your work and the idea.