Thursday, January 12, 2012

TAST ~ First and second stitches

Good morning Folks ~ Being the procrastinator that I am, I didn’t get the first stitch done last week. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed because I had wanted to make a cover piece too. So, I decided to combine it all and the results are below.

I used Perle cotton, embroidery floss, and variegated tatting thread. Fly stitches the first stitch for us this year, make up the ferns. There are LOTS of ferns in our gardens. The fly stitch is also used for the flowers, the butterfly and the sun. The buttonhole or blanket stitch (which I need to work on), is the border. I also used the basic straight stitch and French knots.

01-12-header-fly-button

If there are any of you out there who wish to learn embroidery stitches this is a great way to do so. There are over 500 participants last I read, from all over the world.

Please go to TAST to check it out.

This was fun, once I got going and I look forward to seeing what next week’s stitch will be. My samples will all be the same size to fit into a photo album.

If you got to the comment section of each new stitch from the TAST project, you will see all of the links for how people have used these stitches creatively. It is amazing and very inspiring to say the least.

Happy needle working.

FlowerLady

9 comments:

Nicola said...

I am bowled over. Really, really beautiful. You put my efforts to shame.

Suztats said...

Lovely stitching, FlowerLady! You sure will have one gorgeous reference album when the year is finished!

Lins Artyblobs said...

This looks very springlike and happy to me and I like your heading with the French Knots.

shirley said...

You have worked a lovely sample of the stitches. We were in a similar situation as you once with a ridgeback, so I know how scary that can be.

Isabelle said...

It's lovely

Unknown said...

very nice sample!!
greetings from Russia!
Masha

Rose Mary said...

Love your work Flowerlady, it is beautiful. Great colors and so delicate looking. Great job.

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

A lovely sample !
hugs
chris Richards
xxxxxxxx

http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.com/

ValerieL said...

Love this!