Sunday, January 15, 2012

A new stitch for a new piece

I have been so inspired by all the stitchers work that I am seeing at Stitchin’ Fingers and with the TAST 2012 project, that I dream about beads, wake up in the wee hours thinking about embroidering, beads, crocheting, tatting, etc.

I visited Ina’s website because she has some great tutorials for using different stitches.  Her peacock really inspired me and I want to try that too, although not on this piece.  Most of you know I love roses, and when I saw what she did with a buttonhole knot stitch to create roses I had to give them a try.  I made a practice one, then decided to add one to the piece I just started this morning.

I wanted to embroider another heart so here is the start of this next project. I used the blanket stitch to tack it down to the background fabric. The drawn lines are there because I’m going to make this another sort of ‘crazy quilt’ design.  The heart size is about 3 1/4” by 4”.

01-15-heart-1

Here is a close-up of the rose and leaves. When I finished I was pleased and felt happy. Learning something new and having it come out half way decent is wonderful.

The size of the rose with leaves is 1 1/2” x 3/4”.

01-15-heart-1-a

That’s it for now. Time to think about fixing supper.  Already have the beef in the crockpot that smells wonderful. I’ll fix mashed potatoes and some fresh carrots cooked somehow.

Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Beautiful as always. I am trying to finish And They Sinned so haven't done week 2 yet. Hope to catch up soon.

I know what you mean about dreaming about needlework. I often do.

Unknown said...

this is very nice looking thing you made! I like your grey color and simple design!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you Nicola ~ I dreamed about beads and thread again just before waking up this morning. I did a lot of embroidering yesterday afternoon, learned a couple of new stitches and applied them to this heart.

Ashenka ~ Thank you.

Linda said...

I think your rose turned out lovely. I'm headed to Ina's website.