Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TAST- week 3 ~ Feather stitch

Better late than not at all. I did this little piece yesterday.  I used a variegated green crochet thread, and as I was working on the stitch, I thought these little plants I was making looked kind of like the asparagus ferns that grow all over the place in my gardens. They have thorns that you don’t see until it is too late, as in you feel them first, and they have these little red berries. They are hard to get rid of as they have really ‘hang on tight’ to the earth tubers that run underground.  They are pretty and lacy looking though and that’s why I got them in the first place.

So, here is my rendition of the feather stitch.

01-23-feather-stitch

Today the next stitch should be posted and I look forward to seeing what that one is going to be.

I’m putting my stitch samples in a photo album that I got for free in with some craft goodies. There are three sleeves to a side and I’ve plenty of pages to take care of the whole year. 

01-24-tast-book

Happy TASTing.

FlowerLady Lorraine

7 comments:

Nicola said...

So very, very beautiful.

Marjolein said...

You made a pretty little garden!
Well done ;)

Julie said...

Very, very charming. I like how you're organizing your work, too!

Kathleen said...

Your work is lovely. I enjoy the delicate work you are producing. Kathy

Becca said...

I'm still working on the fly stitch too, but haven't posted it yet. Such pretty work here...I've started following!

La Bastidane (Nathalie Locquen) said...

I like your book. Your stitch et your colors. It's a really good idea one sampler book.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

i have to tell you my friend -- your workmanship is amazing!!! i so appreciate what you do! sending hugs...